About the Look-up
To Look for a Expression
- The "Language" window allows to select the language of the expression looked for: a click in the little down-arrow displays the list of available languages. "German" appears as the language by default.
- If "Any" is selected, the search will cover all fields in all languages
- The lower window allows to choose one of two modalities of the searching:
- "Begins with...": to look only for expressions to be found at the beginning of the field of the selected language. In this case the expression looked for may be a single letter or any combination of words or characters (not neccesarily a complete word).
- "Contains...": to look for expressiones in any place of the field of the selected language. In this case, the expression looked for can only be a complete word of a minimum of four letters.
- The expression being searched should be written in the blank at the right of the window where the selection of the searching modality is done.
- If the results cover a single record, this record will display.
- If results cover more than one record, then it will appear a list of all fields of the selected language of the records in which the searched expression appears. This list appears alphabetically sorted. Each of the fields is a link that permits to enter into the complete record.
- In the case of a search with language "Any", the list of results will be the list of fields of German language, even though the searched expression is not found in this language. Only upon entrance to the complete record may be seen with precision in which language the expression searched is found.
- The complete records are given complete, that is, with all fields containing information. Fields without any information are omitted.
About the Database
- In the "Database" section in the menu that appears at the left, detailed information is given about the structure of the database, the codes and keys employed in each one of the fields, as well as the different lists of contributors in each of the languages of the glossary.
- If you have any doubt about any aspect of the use or functions of the site, please write firstname.lastname@example.org.